CPS designs power systems to meet the specific needs of researchers and projects.
Support Services Include:
- Designing a power delivery system that meets a PI’s research requirements
- Creating long-range plans to develop optimum power delivery systems for specific sites
- Producing renewable energy and hybrid power solutions
- Supplying and maintaining power delivery equipment
- Equipping research sites with emergency backup power sources
For more information, visit the PolarPower website or contact the CPS Construction Manager.
For a slideshow of full-size photos and complete captions, click on an image below.
Tracy Dahl (L) and Roy Stehle work on a wind turbine at Ivotuk, Alaska. Photo: Tracy Dahl
A wind turbine at a hybrid power-communications site. Ivotuk Hills, Alaska. Photo: Roy Stehle
Summit Station’s Tower of Power. Photo: Tracy Dahl
Solar panels installed on the roof of the Big House, Summit Station. Photo: Brandon Burmeister
A data communications system powered by solar and wind energy. Photo: Clay Ross
The ingenious design of the ‘solar chalet’ harvests maximum solar energy during Alaska’s summer months. Photo: Tracy Dahl