CPS provides logistics planning, remote camp equipment, and coordination of services for National Science Foundation-supported scientists conducting research in Alaska.
Support services may include:
- Environmental Protection Act Compliance/Permitting
- Logistics support (transportation, air support, cargo movement, facilities)
- Field camp management and staffing
- Lodging and arrangements
- Coordinating support requests with the appropriate agencies and support contractors in Alaska
- Field equipment (see Alaska Camping & Field Equipment page for a partial list)
Research teams are responsible for all science-related equipment for their projects. Scientists are also responsible for providing their own cold weather and personal gear, including toiletries and comfortable clothing for non-working hours.